Typical questions during a case study interview
- Target Audience – who is case study intended for?
- What is their situation/pain point?
- What is key message you want to convey?
For individual being interviewed:
- Company, Title/role – how long in role
- Mindset, situation, challenges, problems, needs?
- What was situation/needs that led to look for a solution? (how does the story begin?)
- What problem trying to solve? What looking for? What were criteria?
- What were the options/possibilities?
- How gather information?
- How decide on specific solution?
- What were the key features, benefits, reasons for picking specific solution? What was the most important reason? What was unique/differentiating about solution selected?
- Describe experience implementing?
- How is your organization using the solution?
- How is it performing?
- What are the benefits? (most important benefit)
- Lessons learned through this experience? Most important lesson/observation?
- Advice to others in similar situations?
- What do you know now that you wish you knew earlier in process?